Join us for a few hours of fun learning the practices and principles of making conserves.
A small, hands on class, where we emphasize experiential
learning and knowledge.
We explore topics including
- Tasting and evaluating fruit for preserving.
- Stages of fruit preparation.
- Working without commercial pectin.
- Cooking and jarring the conserve.
- Comparative tasting of local artisanal, international, and commercial conserves.
- Food pairings with conserves.
Light refreshments of June Taylor products and local artisanal foods will be served.
A 10% discount will be offered on all purchases made on the day of the class.
Students will take home a jar of the conserve they make in class.
No experience is necessary; beginners and experienced preserve makers are welcome.